What I Ate in October
October has been a busy month when it comes to my eating habits! In no particular order, here are some of the best things I ate this month:
1. Caroline's Aloha Bar, The Luther. Two patties, bacon, and cheddar sandwiched between two Krispy Kremes. One of the options from their new brunch menu:
2. Kwei Fei, Dan Dan Mian. Wheat noodles, ground pork, sesame paste, black vinegar, chili oil, minced pork and peanuts:
3. Cafe Framboise, Quiche Tart Board. A sampling of the spinach and goat, Lorraine, and smoked salmon and dill quiche tarts. Part of the new dinner menu:
4. Jenacita's Empanadas, one of everything! My favorites were Buffalo Chicken and Smoked Brisket.
5. Knockout Cookies, 1lb Cookie!! In celebration of their one-year anniversary, this is a chocolate chip cookie stuffed with a funfetti brownie and full of m&ms. Orders open every Sunday at 1pm!
6. Vicious Biscuit, Rise-N-Swine Benny. Smoked pulled pork, sunny egg and BBQ hollandaise sauce on a buttermilk biscuit:
7. Swank Desserts, Box of goodies! Gruyere brioche bomb, chorizo hand pie, and pumpkin pie + creme brulee macarons:
8. Felix Cocktail et Cuisine, Raclette Burger. One of my favorite burgers in town!
9. Fleet Landing, Stuffed Hush Puppies. Filled with lobster and shrimp:
10. Carmella's Dessert Bar, Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake. It tasted as good as it looked:
11. Verde, Kale Caesar. Sometimes I eat greens, I swear! This was for their National Kale Day $5 Kale Caesar promotion:
12. Clerks Coffee Company, Witches' Brew Latte. This was like a dirty matcha with some vanilla and cocoa powder mixed in - so delicious and perfect for Halloween!
13. The Jetty, Truffle Lobster Roll. I can't resist anything with truffle (I'm basic like that) but the other lobster roll options included Connecticut style (buttery) and New England (creamy).
Until next time, Happy Eating!